The biggest complaints of women postpartum tend to be exhaustion and changes in mood, which are often exacerbated by fluctuating levels of oestrogen, progesterone and thyroid hormones and lack of sleep. Fortunately, eating the right foods can manage these conditions safely. A practical and personalised postnatal nutrition plan will help you to safely return to your pre-pregnancy weight while replenishing your reserves so you can feel your best and have the energy to look after your little people. As a mum myself I understand the exhaustion, the cravings and the time constraints a new baby brings and I will take your personal situation into accounts so that your bespoke program is achievable and realistic.
Throughout pregnancy, your body was completely devoted to your baby. It is very normal to feel depleted after the birth and looking after yourself now isn’t self-indulgent, it’s essential!
The quality of your breast milk really does depend on your health and the food you eat on a daily basis. Some women find it more difficult to breastfeed than others and it can be a period that leaves you feeling tired and anxious. Personal nutritional support will ensure you give your body all it needs to produce good quality breast milk and recover quickly from the pregnancy and birth.
The first step to vibrant post-natal health is to book your initial consultation with me. During our first consultation we will discuss your pregnancy, the birth and your concerns and goals, and anything else relevant to your current situation. From there I will provide a realistic timeframe for your recovery. Your tailor-made programme is likely to involve:
- Analysis of any tests that your doctor has performed and, if necessary, further testing may be recommended.
- Your food diary will be analysed and measured against your body’s unique requirements. I will explain which foods are best to include in order to optimize your diet.
- Recipes that suit you and your family’s your personal preferences, current cravings, nutritional needs and cooking ability.
- Follow up consultations to check your progress and to revise and adjust your programme. After each consultation you receive a written report containing your recommendations, supporting resources and recipes/shopping lists where necessary.
- Unlimited phone and email support from me during your programme, so you never have to wait for reassurance and always have access to advice when you need it.
I would love to hear from you. Please contact me to book your free 10-minute discovery call to discuss your requirements.